الخميس، 11 مارس 2010

The Awakening Dream





The Awakening Dream




Thoughts in my mind

Spinning round and round

So many questions I have

But with no answers at hand


I ask about peace

I ask about love

I wonder what the future holds

In its concealing glove



Who should I ask?

Who should I tell?

Should I talk to the wall?

Or should I look in the well?



The well is deep I can see

But it’s altogether dry

Thirsty for answers

I look at it and cry



With hope that my tears

Will soften it up

Will wake it up

Or fill it up



With feelings and answers

That console my own



But I cried my heart dry

Yet all was in vain

For the well that I cried at

Dried up again



It took my tears in

Embraced them with its walls

While I stood there waiting

For it to give some answers back



It is of no use, I realized

To cry to heartless stone

While out there in this world

A knowing heart pumps alive



To search for it I need

And search for it

I did Still not finding it

I dozed off and began to dream



In this dream of mine

I saw a gorgeous man

His gallant appearance

Pacified my flaming heart



I gazed at him in awe

Trying to remember how to speak

“Fear not”, he said

“My child, you need not speak”



He placed his gentle hand

Right on my pounding heart

As if he read it

He looked at me and said



“This restless heart

Shall soon find its rest

What vexes it shall

be gone And healed by the best”



I woke up in shock

My joy was extreme

All I needed was a sign

To make me believe in my dream



I scanned the place for a while

Finding nothing amusing ahead

But what I found was this:

A Qura’an next to my bed



Of desperation I took it

Opened it to a random page

I began to read it

And was at once completely engaged



For the first words I read

Were the words of the almighty

“For those of you who ask for signs

Have we not shown you enough already”



In complete remorse I said:

“Oh Allah forgive me please

While I was far from you

You remained so close to me”



I have searched for knowledge in the North

For answers in the South

For the meanings of love in the East

And of peace in the West



I asked many people

But not once before

Did I turn to this book

For explanations, comfort, and more



Years have gone by

Since I saw the awakening dream

From that day on

I held on tight to the book so dear



For it has showed me love

It has showed me peace

And it has taught my soul

How to be at ease



**Yours Truly: Basma Al-Wohaib **
www.wesal-media.blogspot.com

هناك تعليق واحد: